The Steinway Verified Teacher Program aims to set a standard for high quality piano education for students around the world. The program aims to to enable easy access to quality educators and help give parents peace of mind when searching for a new piano teacher for their child.
Steinway Verified Teachers utilize Steinway or Steinway-Designed (Boston or Essex) instruments in their practice ensuring their students are learning on the highest quality pianos available.
- Annual Fee: $50
In order to qualify for the Steinway Verified Teacher Program the following standards must be met:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher or currently attending an accredited music school - in lieu of this, a recorded video performance of 10-12 minutes in length highlighting technical and musical merit can be submitted. Either a photo of your degree or a link to your video can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Philosophy: A written statement of 100-250 words discussing educational beliefs and practices. Please include this in your email submission.
- Instrument: The teacher must submit a photo of their Steinway or Steinway-Designed piano and a photo of the instrument’s serial number. This should also be included in your email submission.
- Safety: Successful pass of complete background check. Upon application, you will be emailed a link to begin your background check - performed by a third-party.
Please ensure that you have completed the enrollment process on the Steinway Teacher Directory prior to emailing your qualifications.
- Exclusive Verified Teacher Badge on the Steinway Teacher Directory
- Annual Featured Listing status on the Steinway Teacher Directory
- Opportunity to add up to 8 photos and 2 videos on your Teacher Directory Listing
Refund Policy: In the event of a negative result in the background check, a refund will not be issued and the teacher will be ineligible for any listing on the Steinway Teacher Directory.